- Conducts standardized tests on products and materials to ensure compliance with internal standards, customer specifications and international, federal and state regulations.
- Documents data obtained during all quality assurance activities, consistent with HACCP standards and company policies and procedures.
- Records test data such as weights, temperatures, moisture content, qualities and quantities inspected or graded.
- Applies proper acceptance/rejection criteria and marks items with details such as grade and acceptance or rejection status.
- Audits production facility and reviews employee behavior for proper sanitation.
- Communicates significant issues or developments identified during quality assurance activities and provides recommended process improvements to production and QA management.
- Prepares reports to communicate involvement and results of quality assurance activities to production.
- Maintains a working knowledge of company, government and industry quality assurance codes and standards.
- Performs other similar or related duties as requested or assigned.