WE are hiring an On-Call Speech Language Pathologist person to work with us for about 5-15 hours per week. In this role, you will provide clinical speech therapy evaluation and treatment for program participants of Senior CommUnity Care, on acute, restorative or maintenance levels as needed by Day Center, Nursing Home or in-home setting. Integrates the speech therapy treatment plan into the Interdisciplinary team (IDT) Plan of Care. Assists in the ordering, and distribution and maintenance of equipment for participants.
1. As requested by the Interdisciplinary Team conducts an in person initial comprehensive speech therapy assessment on Senior CommUnity Care participants and coordinates with the Interdisciplinary Team a plan of care for each participant.
2. As requested by the Interdisciplinary Team, conducts an in person reassessment on an annual basis or as need.
3. As requested, act as a member of the Interdisciplinary Team. Attends morning meetings, and participants in Interdisciplinary Team meetings; communicates participant changes, collaborates on plan of care decisions and coordination for twenty-four (24) hour care delivery.
4. Provides clinical speech therapy evaluation/treatment on acute, restorative and maintenance levels to program participants per physician or Interdisciplinary Team request.
5. Administers treatment program per physician instructions. Clarifies physician’s treatment instructions. Confers with Interdisciplinary Team on participants’ care issues.
6. Evaluates participants’ needs. Follows-up with participants during treatment, explaining precautions to take. Discusses condition and treatment plans and recommends solutions to participants’ care problems with Interdisciplinary Team.
7. Acts as a Liaison with Senior CommUnity Care nursing home and assisted living staff regarding speech therapy needs of participants who are their residents.
8. Educates and trains family members, other caregivers and Senior CommUnity staff in methods to maximize safety and functional abilities in swallowing and or communication techniques.
9. Acts as primary consultant for communication devices.
10. Acts as primary consultant for clinical evaluation of swallowing and diet issues. Works with dietary and day center staff on participant swallowing issues and appropriate diet textures.
11. Recommends speech therapy policies and procedures concerning services provided. Maintains quality assurance program, safety, environmental and infection control.
12. Evaluates charts and reports on participant’s progress, documents speech therapy notes in the participant’s medical record fulfills Senior CommUnity Care charting and reporting requirements
1. Must have medical clearance for communicable diseases and up-to-date immunizations before having direct participant contact.
2. Must have a valid driver’s license and have means of transportation.
3. Education: Must have a master’s degree in Speech and Language Pathology with a Clinical Certification of Competency in Speech Pathology (CCC) preferred. Be legally authorized, currently licensed, registered or certified if applicable to practice in the state of employment.
4. Experience: A minimum of one year’s experience in working with the frail or elderly population required.
5. Skills and Knowledge:
• Working knowledge of the scopes or practices of Speech/Language Pathology related to geriatrics.
• Knowledge of safety requirements.
• Skilled in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with participants, co-workers, medical staff, and the public.
• Skilled in identifying and recommending problem resolution.
• Ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
• Ability to communicate clearly and effectively.
• Ability to utilize computers and other electronic devices for tasks such as timekeeping, in-servicing and documentation.
• Only acts within the scope of his or her authority to practice. Must meet a standardized set of competencies for the specific position description established by Senior Community Care and approved by CMS before working independently.