Provides job coaching services to Supported Employment program participants
working in group or individual work settings.
Essential Functions Statement(s):
- Provides job coaching and promotes career development support to improve job
skills, wages, and productivity of participants served at the business site with the
goal of moving participants into individual Competitive Integrated Employment (CIE)
- Promotes and facilitates social integration between participants and other
employees in collaboration with customer's supervisors/managers. Monitors
participant activity to ensure productivity, quality learning, completion of program
and work assignments, and quality outcomes. Becomes familiar with the needs and
limitations of assigned clients to ensure appropriate accommodations and effective
- Provides personal and career counseling as well as behavioral intervention for
- Performs work alongside participants for purposes of training, role modeling, and
supporting the needs of the participants and the employer.
- Teaches work skills (or life skills where appropriate) to clients at various job sites
using simple and repetitious training methods.
- Maintains excellent communication with company managers, supervisors and
employees to support positive outcomes and to resolve client performance problems
or other issues. In individual placement settings, assists employers in identifying,
setting up, and facilitating jobs for participants.
- Regularly meets with program director and/or senior ETS and to discuss
participant's progress and any training concerns.
- Regularly attends staff meetings as required.
- Completes administrative duties, including monthly statistics, progress reports,
updating program plans, and data entry utilizing company database programs.
- Communicates with referring agencies, care providers, parents, and counselors as
appropriate, regarding any issues that may affect a participant's employment.
Notifies Job Coach II or III and/or site manager immediately of any problems with
participants, referring agencies, or employers to resolve issues in a timely manner.
- Works with leads, supervisors and site managers in preparing daily/weekly
scheduled job duties for participants.
- Performs coaching functions (direct on the job functions with participants) 60% of
scheduled workday and related administrative (non-direct functions such as reports,
case notes, prepping OPMs and IHSPs, accurately recording mileage, interactions
with supervisors and referring agencies, etc.) functions 40% of a scheduled work day.
- Performs other miscellaneous duties as assigned.
Please apply online at www.sdgoodwill.org. You must create a user profile and then
can apply directly for the position.
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
Education: GED or High School education required. AA, BA or BS degree preferred.
Experience: One to two years related experience preferred. Must complete GISD Job
coach training program within 90 days of hire.
Computer Skills: MS Office Suite. Strong E-mail communication skills. Strong file
management or case management skills. Must have ability to learn client tracking
software, and ETO database.
Certificates & Licenses: Must be able to pass all required criminal background checks
and become First Aid & CPR certified. May require a valid CA Driver's license and
current vehicle insurance. May be required to pass Goodwill's insurance company
requirements for driving on company time. Drivers with own vehicles are preferred
but not required.
Other Requirements: Works under the supervision of the Supported Programs
Manager as required. Receives daily work direction from the site supervisor
(customer). Supervises the activities of all assigned participants receiving job
coaching at employer job sites through Supported Programs.
The shift is Tuesday - Saturday, 9 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.