Responsible for developing and maintaining high performance teams in the food and beverage area. Maintains proper staffing levels for assigned shift.
- Prepares schedules and staffing guides for the food and beverage outlets. Assists in maintaining payroll costs as budgeted.
- Ensures that all applicable health and safety precautions applicable to food service are followed.
- Implements training programs to ensue high quality guest service.
- Responsible for the accurate documentation of employee work history (attendance, discipline, vacations, leaves of absences, performance reviews).
- Prepares necessary human resources paperwork and submits completed paperwork to the Food and Beverage Manager or Director of Food and Beverage.
- Addresses all employee and guest related concerns on assigned shift.
- Ensures adherence to all Collective Bargaining Agreements.
- Processes requisitions for the Food and Beverage Department into the company's AS400.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Oversees the set-up and take-down for banquets, special events and the Shooter Bar.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- Basic reading, writing, and arithmetic skills required. Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English. This is normally acquired through a high school diploma. Must have legible handwriting.
- Visibility requires maintaining a professional appearance and providing a positive company image to the public.
- Work may include weekends, nights, and early mornings. Must be able to work on own, without constant supervision.
- Minimum of 2 years Food and Beverage supervisory experience preferred.
- Must have strong communication skills with the ability to train, motivate and coach in a team environment.
- Must be 21 years of age and be able to obtain all local, state and federal regulatory permits as required by position.
WORKING CONDITIONS. Must work calmly and under stress when the volume of business increases. Must be able to stand for extended periods of time. Must be able to tolerate areas containing secondary smoke and high noise levels.